Samsung will be releasing the S9, S9 Edge, S9 Edge plus smartphone range at the end of Q1 2018. There are a plenty amount of possibilities that there will not be any Galaxy S9 flat screen variant be launching with the Edge display option.
Samsung ditched the flat screen versions of their flagships in 2016 only with the launch of Galaxy S7 & S7 Plus both in Edge variant, while the Note 7 which ended up due to its fate also had a double edge screen only. The S9 might have the flat screen variant, as there are rumors that we are going to have a fold able display option also in the S9-series lineup and hence this flat Screen variant of S9
might end up having the same.
Samsung Galaxy S9 VS Samsung Galaxy S9 Edge – Part I
Now let’s compare the Galaxy S9 & the S9 Edge based on the rumors.
- The Samsung Galaxy S9 will have 8 Gigs of RAM, which is just due to the number game which company plays to attract the customer, the Galaxy S9 Edge is also will provide the same internals and hence should have the same amount of RAM on offer.
- The Samsung Galaxy S9 & the S9 Edge both might get a different processor due to the reason that the Fold able display might need another processor because the processor which the S9 Edge is going to use, might not be compatible with the Fold able technology of Samsung. We might see only the Exynos version CPU in the Galaxy S9.
- The Galaxy S9 is said to have a display size of 6-inches which will be a 2K or a 4K panel, while the S9 Edge will come with a standard infinity edge display same as one found on the S8. The screen size will be of 5.65″ because many people complained about the S8 is really tall and not suitable for one-handed usage.
Samsung Galaxy S9 VS Samsung Galaxy S9 Edge – Part II
- Samsung Galaxy S9 & the S9 Edge Both the phone will have the same sensors on offer both at the front and the back and might come from Samsung’s ISO CELL unit of sensors which Samsung started again recently.
- In battery section both the smartphones will have a different fate, the S9 Edge will come with a smaller 3,850 mAh battery while the fold able display will have a larger 4,900 mAh of battery because the fold able display elements will consume more battery than a traditional screen.
- The S9 Edge will feature some additional features than the regular S9 such as IR Scanner and many other sensors which at the start will not be available with the foldable technology.
The Fold able display smartphone i.e. the Samsung Galaxy S9 price will be higher because the technology is new. Hence, it will require an additional premium from customers to have the latest technology in their hand.
Therefore, it might come at a rate of about 1100$ while the S9 Edge and the S9 Plus Edge might have a price tag of around 800$ to a maximum of 950$ for their 128 Gig Internal Storage variants. The mass availability of the S9 will be in late-Q2 2018, which means customers will have to wait a lot to get their devices which will pre-book the device at the launch dates.